Friday, March 4, 2011

Grandson's quilt

I have finished the quilt I made for Phoenix.  I used fabric the dad said he liked, he actually wanted the nappy bag made from it, but mum to be said NO.
The quilt has 3 different Skull and crossbone fabrics, the lighter one has skulls with bright orange, purple and green eyes, which I have reflected in the fabrics I chose for the 1/2 square triangles.  I machine quilted this quilt with a meandering squiggle from top to bottom.  A lady from my quilt group said it would be my fault is Phoenix has mental problems. lol.  The backing fabric has skulls crossed bone and skate boards scattered over it black background with red and white.

2 comments:

cinzia said...

love the way the yellows and blues just dance and add such life to the design. Phoenix will surely love it

Julie said...

Men are just a little strange at times, love the quilt just the same!!