Friday, September 4, 2009

This weeks flaunt








This is my hexagon bag so far - one side and the bottom piece are finished and 2 rows of the second side. When that it done I then take out the papers, iron each piece onto pellon and quilt each hexagon this has to be done before 9am on Oct 17th when the class is to show us how to stitch them together and make the bag.
In between doing this I am digitizing a design to go on the back on my son's wedding coat. He asked for his belt buckle reproduced onto the back of the coat. The wedding is going to be a Celtic hand fastening ceremony and the bride and groom will be dressed in medieval clothes, I have bought a dress in the medieval style to wear and have to make DH a monks outfit to wear. Luckily the wedding is on Oct 31st.

5 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

oh love the bag. Will you do a post explaining Celtic Hand Fastening Ceremony. I have heard of this but thats all.

cinzia said...

Lovely bag... definitely a one of a kind.

Anonymous said...

This is looking wonderful Fran, can't wait to see the finished bag!

Anonymous said...

I so admire people who have the patience to make hexagons. You bag is coming along nicely Fran.

Julie said...

The colours are truly spectacular! I love 'em!