Sunday, February 24, 2008

Row by Row Swap



My group in Launceston regularly hold quilting swaps, one of these was a Christmas Row by Row there were eight participants in a group and the row size was 6 ½ X 36 inches. Each participant could include fabric that they would like to be used in each row. My row was a blue background with a Nativity scene on it and in late February our RXR started its trip around to collect their extra rows. We received our rows back on the last Thursday of October and the quilt was supposed to be completed by our Christmas luncheon in early December. I did an extra row for my quilt as one row needed another to help it get on with the other rows. I added three borders cream, gold and dark blue then machine quilted it with a pattern of freehand stars and Christmas bells.



No comments: