Sunday, February 3, 2008

Quilting Progress



Amongst the workshops I completed from 2000 – 2002 were ones covering Stack and Slash, Hidden Wells, 3D Flowers, Pictorial Embellishment, Reverse Appliqué and many others. My confidence was growing and quilts were being finished. In 2001 my first granddaughter was born Chloe Nicole, I made her a colourful floor quilt using the Stack and Slash method, the quilt was reversible with a different colourway on each side. As this quilt was made pre-digital camera I don't have a photo of it with me it is packed away in our boxes in Launceston. Chloe now uses this quilt for a doll 'blanket'. Each time we visit she shows the quilt to me and remarks on how pretty it is.


Using some of the flowers from the 3D workshop I made a wall hanging for Carlene as a Christmas present. My friend Marie was an avid collector of frogs anything that had a frog on it or in it. I found a pattern for a lap quilt that had four big frogs on it and decided to make it for her. The colours were mauve, purple and emerald, I also made a cushion from 1 block. The photos of these were lost when my computer crashed in November 2006, I will have to take more when we return to Tasmania.

No comments: